How much do Walmart truck drivers make?
Starting drivers who meet Walmart’s requirements make $87,500 per year. In addition to paying one of the highest salaries in the industry, Walmart offers these benefits to their drivers:
- Earn PTO immediately—up to 21 days in your first year
- 401K, medical, and dental
- Company paid life insurance and short term disability
- Up to four paid safety days a year
- No split days off—consecutive days of work
- Variety of schedules available
- Regionalized delivery and home every week
- No touch freight delivery
What is required to get hired as a truck driver job with Walmart?
- An Interstate (Class A) Commercial Driver’s License with Hazmat endorsement (including cleared background check) or will obtain HAZMAT endorsement (with cleared background check) within 120 calendar days of date of hire.
- A minimum of 30 months experience working in a full-time Class A tractor/trailer driving position in the previous 4 years.
- No more than two (2) moving violations while operating a personal or commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No serious traffic violations while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No DUI, DWI, OUI, or reckless driving involving alcohol/drugs convictions within the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last three (3) years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents (collisions resulting in disabling damage and/or immediate medical treatment away from the scene) while operating a commercial motor vehicle in the last ten (10) years.
- No preventable accidents resulting in a fatality or catastrophic injury in driving history (commercial motor vehicle).
To find out more about driving for Walmart call Candidate Support anytime between 8AM and 5PM CT at 1-888-596-2365 (Option 5). You may also email [email protected].