As part of our mission at Career.Training we strive to highlight potential career paths that apply to a wide variety of interests. To this end we are posting the requirements of a recent job posting in the gaming division at Microsoft.
The Gaming Store and Publisher Experiences team within Gaming Ecosystem Organization is looking for people-focused engineering managers to lead engineering teams and drive product development in a variety of Shopping and Gaming Publisher facing experiences. We are seeking versatile leaders and developers who are eager to learn and grow in their career as they deliver amazing gaming related software and experiences.
- Participate in development of medium and long term product roadmaps
- Manage team planning, execution, and delivery month over month
- Collaborate effectively with partners and peers to develop win-win solutions. Lead with empathy.
- Drive significant feature design and development across applications, client web and server technology stacks
- Investigate, diagnose, and fix product issues in development & production
- Provide high quality code review feedback
- Reliably deliver and manage the delivery of high quality, testable & reliable code in a production setting
- Contribute to an inclusive, creative, high-performance problem-solving team culture
- Model, coach, and care for your team as primary functions
- Previous leadership/management experience with active preparation for a role in FTE management (e.g. Tech-lead, manager back-up, management of vendor staff, military experience, etc.)
- Excellent skills in design, debugging, and problem solving
- Technical laser focus on quality, reliability, performance
- People focused with a strong desire to mentor and grow employees as a primary function
- Demonstrated track record of building great partnerships with strong collaboration
- Motivated to learn and push the boundaries in challenging technical domains
- Capable of working independently in a hybrid work environment
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- 2 years managing FTE in software engineering environment
- Experience developing in a standards-based web environment
- Experience with developing and operating public facing websites
- Experience with application user experience development
- Experience with back-end or microservices development
- Kubernetes and containers familiarity
- Ability to bring, and drive consensus among diverse perspectives culminating in business success.
- Growth mindset with a desire to learn, an interest in embracing challenges.
- Persistence in the face of setbacks, sees failure as essential to mastery, learns from criticism and finds lessons and inspiration in the success of others.
- Active participation in creating a diverse and inclusive culture where all voices are heard, and everyone can bring their full and authentic self.
- Ability to articulate ideas to diverse audiences with varying responsibilities and concerns.
- Ability to synthesize information from various sources and summarize it for others.