Midland University is a private, Christian liberal arts university located in Fremont, Nebraska. Founded in 1883, it has a long history of providing undergraduate and graduate education in a variety of fields. The university offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a wide range of fields, including business, education, nursing, and more. It also has a strong emphasis on athletics and has a variety of sports teams.
Midland University has a diverse student body with about 1,300 undergraduate students and about 250 graduate students. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and many of its programs are also individually accredited by professional accrediting bodies.
The campus of Midland University is located on a 150-acre (0.61 km2) site in the city of Fremont, Nebraska. The campus includes residence halls, an athletic complex, a library, and several academic buildings. The university also has a strong emphasis on community service and encourages students to get involved in service projects.
Notable Midland University alumni
Midland University has produced many successful graduates over the years. Some notable alumni from Midland University include:
Tim Clare, former NFL player and current head coach at Midland University
Ryan Jensen, NFL player for the Baltimore Ravens
Ben Sasse, United States Senator from Nebraska
John Hilkemann, Nebraska state senator
Tim Gay, former NFL player
Todd Peterson, former NFL player
It’s worth noting that these are just a small sample of notable alumni and there are many more successful graduates from Midland in different fields. The university also has a strong tradition of alumni involvement, and many graduates go on to become leaders in their communities and in their chosen professions.
Athletic programs at Midland University
Midland University has a football team. The Midland University Warriors are a college football team that competes in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) as a member of the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC). The team has a long history of success on the field and has made several appearances in the NAIA Football National Championship. The team plays their home games at the Heedum Field on the Midland University campus in Fremont, Nebraska. The team has also produced many successful players that went on to play professionally.
Midland University has a wide variety of sports programs in addition to football, including:
- Men’s and women’s basketball: The men’s and women’s basketball teams both compete in the NAIA and are members of the GPAC. Both teams have a strong history of success and have made appearances in the NAIA National Tournament.
- Men’s and women’s soccer: Both the men’s and women’s soccer teams compete in the NAIA and are members of the GPAC. The teams have had successful seasons in recent years and have made appearances in the NAIA National Tournament.
- Volleyball: The volleyball team competes in the NAIA and is a member of the GPAC. The team has had successful seasons in recent years and has made appearances in the NAIA National Tournament.
- Cross Country: The cross country teams have had successful seasons in recent years, with both the men’s and women’s teams competing in the NAIA and GPAC.
- Track and Field: The track and field teams have had successful seasons in recent years, with both the men’s and women’s teams competing in the NAIA and GPAC.
- Softball: The softball team competes in the NAIA and GPAC. The team have had a strong history of success and have made appearances in the NAIA National Tournament.
- Baseball: The baseball team competes in the NAIA and GPAC. The team have had a strong history of success and have made appearances in the NAIA National Tournament.
Midland University also has a variety of club sports and intramural sports programs available for students to participate in.
It is worth noting that Midland University is a small school, so the sports programs they offer might not be as big or have as much resources as other big universities, but they still have a strong tradition of success and they can provide opportunities to student-athletes to showcase their talents and pursue their passion.
900 N Clarkson St
Fremont, NE 68025
Midland University Omaha
11213 Davenport St #100
Omaha, NE 68154